Answered By: David Bradford Last Updated: Sep 11, 2017 Views: 82
You definitely can embed Films on Demand videos in CampusConnect! Because Broadview has a contract with them, they allow and even encourage us to embed their videos in our Learning Management Systems.
A couple things to know:
- Students will have to login to view the videos from Films on Demand even though they'll be embedded in the course.
- Also, some of the videos have closed captioning so I encourage you to look at those.
When you embed the video, please also include a note so students know they need to log in.
Title: Note for Video
Description: To view the video below, you will need to sign on with your CampusConnect username and password.
Here's how to embed a video:
- Once you retrieve a video you want, click on "Embed/Link"
- Copy the Embed Code
- Go to the course in CampusConnect
- Click on the Unit folder where you want the video
- Under Build Content, click on create "Item"
- In the Text box, click on the HTML button. This will launch the HTML Code View.
- In the HTML Code View Text box paste the Embed Code (html code)
- Click Update
- In the text box give a title for the video and click "Save"
If the video does not display, check either in the address bar or at the bottom of the screen to see if the browser is asking to display unsecured items. Make sure you allow all items to show.
Chat with a Librarian
More Ways to Ask a Librarian