Answered By: Katie Sherwood Last Updated: Apr 27, 2016 Views: 634
A film citation includes:
- The producer's or director’s name (with the word "Producer" or "Director" in parentheses) instead of an author.
- The year of the movie's release in parenthesis
- The title, italicized and in sentence style with only the first word of the title and proper nouns capitalized
- Place a physical description in square brackets
- Include the country of origin and the company
- Don't forget to include a retrieval statement if the movie was obtained online
The example below is taken from the library’s APA guide. Use the link to learn more about citing sources.
Producer, P. P. (Producer), & Director, D. D. (Director). (year). Title of motion picture [Medium]. City, ST: Production Studio
Browne, C., McUsic, M. (Producers), & Schroeder, J. A. (Director). (2013). Dear Mr. Watterson [Motion picture]. Retrieved from http://www.netflix.com
Chat with a Librarian
More Ways to Ask a Librarian