Answered By: Michael Schneider Last Updated: Dec 16, 2015 Views: 15639
To create a running head in Word,
- Double click in the header area (the very top of the page) to open the header.
- Type Running head: followed by the abbreviated title of your paper,
- Note: your abbreviated title should be all in caps (see example below) and should not be longer than 4 or 5 words.
- To add a page number, click on the Page Number button in the “design” tab of the MS Word ribbon
- Hover your mouse over Current Position, and select the first choice from the list.
- Move your cursor (blinking line) to the left of the number and tab it over to the right side of the page (Press the tab button on your keyboard twice).
Running head: ABBREVIATED TITLE 1
There is also a pre-formatted Word document on the library's APA Citation Formatting page.
Chat with a Librarian
More Ways to Ask a Librarian